If you’re feeling physically, mentally and emotionally exhausted these days, you may be suffering from what could be called Ascension Weariness Syndrome. Many of us seem to be passing in and out of a profound feeling of weariness as the ascension process continues over time.
It seems to include three kinds of exhaustion: physical/energetic fatigue, emotional exhaustion due to so much change and uncertainty occurring in our lives, and a profound weariness of waiting and waiting for something that doesn’t quite seem to be happening yet.
The physical and energetic fatigue many of us are experiencing on and off can be understood fairly easily if you understand that there are powerful emissions from the galactic central sun that are currently streaming toward Earth. They’re causing a number of different symptoms in people, but primarily fatigue—especially if we don’t pay attention to our bodies and give them the rest and sleep they seem to be demanding.
It can also help to understand that, although tiring and uncomfortable, these waves of energy hitting us are actually positive frequencies serving to begin lessening the density of our physical bodies. This will continue to happen for a while as we journey ever-more-rapidly toward the Fifth Dimension, where bodies eventually turn into light.
Mental and Emotional Exhaustion
A second reason for weariness can come from the amount of change that may be occurring in your life due to the loss of relationships, work, home, health, or finances. Letting go of old familiar situations and relationships can be both frightening and exhausting. And it can cause great uncertainty about your future—and even create a sense of identity crisis.
Add all this to the uncertainty that is present in our world today and you can experience even greater exhaustion—especially if you tend to be empathic and naturally absorb the fear and despair of other people around you. Ascension is often not an easy process to go through. Sometimes hard work and a great deal of awareness and vigilance are demanded if you wish to keep on an even keel.
Weariness from Waiting and Waiting
I’m finding there’s a third source of weariness many of us have been experiencing—especially in those of us who have been very aware of the larger picture of the Shift that is occurring. Many of us have been on a conscious spiritual path for a long time—and in some cases, for a number of decades.
We have conscientiously done our inner healing work and our spiritual practices for years, and have perhaps even been involved in assisting others along their path, as well. We have served in being optimistic and compassionate throughout the years, despite serious setbacks.
Many of us have done all this, while also realizing that a huge Shift is occurring on the planet and that humanity is, at long last, finding its way into the Fifth Dimension. And this keeps us going with great joy much of the time. It feels fantastic to be here to both witness this enormous Shift and to be a part of it, fulfilling a particular purpose.
And yet there are times when it just seems to be taking so very, very long for anything much to be changing on a large and visible scale—either within the world, or even within ourselves. Even though we do know a whole lot is happening, and actually quite quickly, doubt can still creep in and erode all intentions to stay positive and optimistic.
It can even cause us to grow disappointed and bitter at times. Indeed, self-doubt, especially when coupled with an exhausting sense of waiting, can be one of the most important ways weariness can develop.
Tips for Handling Ascension Weariness Syndrome
If you are relating to any of this, know you are not alone. And that weariness is a natural response to everything that both is and is not happening during these transitional times in the ascension process.
But, fortunately, there are some things you can do to combat the sense of weariness when it threatens to come over you.
1. Take Time for Fun: If you find yourself getting too serious in your life, focusing mainly on what’s not working and what needs healing, realize how depressing that can be. Remember fun? Remember doing things that bring you pleasure? Remember laughter and play?
It’s really important to balance yourself with activities that provide all these wonderful aspects to your experience in life. Having a physical body—even in the messed-up third dimension we’re still living in—can bring great joy and pleasure.
What did you used to do as a kid that was fun? What does your body enjoy doing? If you’re in an aging or fragile body, maybe you can’t do all those things very well anymore. But there may be other things like them that can still bring you pleasure and laughter.
2. Stop Waiting: If you realize that at least a part of you has been waiting for something big to happen, either within your own life or in the world at large (like the Event), it’s important to be aware of this. There’s no knowing how long the big shifts are going to take. Most of them currently involve only gradual movement in a positive direction and they are sometimes punctuated with frustrating setbacks and blocks.
It is true that things are definitely changing, and the Event will be happening at some point in the near future. And knowing this is great. But waiting for it or anything else to happen in order for you to feel better about your life is not helpful. Your life is happening NOW. More than ever, it’s important to fully live it as it’s happening.
Staying present—not only in the present moment, but in the immediate moment—is always a powerful way to lift your mood. If you have no other spiritual practice, this is the one to cultivate. Staying immediately present in every moment, no matter what you’re doing or what is happening, is one of the best antidotes to any kind of malaise you can experience.
If you’ve never tried this, it may sound boring. But once doing it, you’ll see it’s anything but. Something can come alive in your awareness…a portal opens into the eternal nature of existence. Incredible peace and upliftment can come with this.
3. Find Peace and Re-Calibration in Nature: These are times in which Nature can offer us solace and a sense of well-being more than ever. Nature doesn’t seem to be much bothered by what is happening in the world. It just goes on, doing its thing, producing miracles, season after season. There’s joy present in Nature, even when the winds are blowing relentlessly and rain is pounding down. It’s clear that the Elementals know how to have fun.
4. Stop Following the News: There are times when it’s wise to just not follow any news about what’s currently going on in the world—either through the mainstream news or the alternative news sources. For the most part, it can be so depressing—and often, you can’t even know for sure if anything being reported is even true. You can probably trust that if there’s anything you really, really need to know about, you will hear or read about it from other people you know.
5. Stop looking Outward for Answers or Evidence of a Shift: There is a massive amount of information that points to the fact that a huge Shift is indeed occurring on the planet, and this can be helpful in keeping your spirits up. But relying solely on this outer evidence can only take you so far. These are times, more than ever, that we need to be going inward to seek answers and proof about the awakening that’s occurring on the planet and in ourselves.
You’ve probably heard this for years: go inside for your answers. And you’ve likely done that, at least to some extent. But it’s easy to forget. Especially if you’ve been disappointed, not feeling you’ve ever gotten really good answers by going inside. It can be frustrating.
But I’ve found that the answers are actually there, if you’re willing to be both patient and trusting. And if you’re willing to do more than just a quick attempt each time to find an answer.
Answers come in many different forms. Some people hear them; others see images, feel shifts in their bodies, or receive a download of information which turns into a certain knowing about something. Or something may occur in their life that brings the answer. It’s important to begin trusting whatever answers you seem to get. As you learn to trust your communication with your Higher Self and act on what you’re receiving, the communication gets stronger and stronger.
6. Tune into the Waves of Love and Light already Flowing In: Even amidst the difficulty you may be experiencing in your ascension process, it’s helpful to know that it is now possible to tune into the powerful waves of Light that are currently streaming onto the planet. They bring an enormous energy of both all-encompassing Love and the light of awakening with them.
Many of us are now experiencing these frequencies and reporting how, at times, we’re simply overcome with the profound sensation of Love that we’re suddenly immersed in. These waves are the harbingers of the Event; they’re manifestations of the Divine Feminine streaming onto the planet. And they’re really rolling in now. If you can be aware of this and reach up in your awareness to tune into them, you’ll find you can actually ride them effortlessly—sometimes for an entire day at a time.
So, dear ones, these are some ideas to play with, should you find yourself being dragged down in profound weariness at this point on your path. Do know that, at some point, this sometimes arduous upward climb in consciousness does become a lot easier—and, at times, surprisingly transforms into an ecstatic flight of joy.
Just keep moving forward, one step at a time. And know that, at some point, you will look back at your journey and feel such gratitude that you have been able to take it during these most exhilarating times in the history of Earth.